Permanent Immigration

Federal Skilled Worker Visa

This type of visa is offered to those who are qualified to fill Canada's skill shortages and are able to be a part of the Canadian growing economy. Almost up to 100,000 immigrants each year are able to come to Canada under this category.

Applicants to this category are selected based on a few minimal visa requirements such as having work experience in high demand occupations, a job offer in Canada, or even if you are an international student or a foreign worker residing in Canada.

The applicants must have enough points to meet the pass mark on a points-based assessment. Applicants that are interested in applying for this program, must also pass a points-based assessment, the pass mark for the federal skilled worker visa is 67 points. your application will then be processed and points can be claimed according to your education, abilities in English and French, work experience, age, adaptability and an arranged employment offer letter from a Canadian employer.

Skilled workers that are selected are able to gain permanent residency with selected few restrictions and can soon go on to be canadian citizens if requirements are met.

Basic Requirements

To qualify to be able to migrate as a skilled worker, applicants must be able to meet the visa requirements in accordance to the applicant's health and character. Also, to qualify for this program, your application is eligible for processing if one of the following requirements are met:

  • You have an offer of arranged employment in Canada, OR
  • You are an international student or foreign worker who has been living legally in Canada, OR
  • You are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations that is in high demand.
Quebec Skilled Worker Visa:

This program is mainly build for skilled immigrants who are interested in working and living in the province of Quebec. Quebec is in a unique political standing within Canada where Quebec is able to take care of its own immigration programs for those interested in immigrating and settling in Quebec. This offers a great opportunity for applicants that are not able to meet the federal skilled worker visa requirements to apply to settle in Quebec.

Applicants that are interested in applying for this program must also pass a points-based assessment, the pass mark for the Québec skilled worker visa is 55 points for single applicants and 63 points for applicants with partners/spouses. Your application will then be processed and points can be claimed according to your education, abilities in English and French, work experience, age, adaptability and arranged employment in Canada, visits to Québec, and relationships with a citizen or permanent resident of Québec. You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada and characteristics of the accompanying spouse and dependent children as well.

Rather than having a minimum of a year like federal skilled worker you can apply for Québec skilled workers if you have at least 6 months of work experience to file an application. Basic requirements must be met for health and character as well. This program lets new immigrants to Québec live and work anywhere in the province of Québec and travel anywhere in the rest of Canada. Qualified residents can also be eligible for Canadian citizenship after staying in Canada for the required duration of permanent residence.

Basic Requirements
  • Have at least one diploma that is equivalent to a secondary school diploma in Québec
  • Have at least minimum of 6 months eligible work experience
  • Have an occupational skill or acquired training that will help the applicant get a job in the job market
  • Have knowledge of French as well as English is an asset as well.
Skilled Workers and Professionals:

Twenty Nine in-demand occupations were unveiled by the Harper government, setting out a new selection criteria for skilled immigrants, allowing those with relevant skills to be fast-tracked into the country. Applicants who aren't eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker category may qualify under another category. There are many ways to immigrate to Canada.

They include applying as Temporary Foreign Workers, Investors or through the Provincial Nomine Program and many more.


Family Class

Immigration to Canada under Family Class Sponsorship:

A person who wants to immigrate to Canada under Family Class Sponsorship; he/she should have a close relative in Canada and he/she must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident. And that relative must be ready to sponsor you as well.

Conditions to qualify for Canada Family Class Immigration: The relationship between the Sponsor and the applicant must be one of the following:-
  • Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner; or
  • Parent or grandparent; or
  • Parent or grandparent; or
  • Dependent Child; or
  • Brother, Sister, Nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned under 18 years and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
  • Intended adopted child under 18years of age; or
  • Other relative, if the sponsor has no relative listed above and no relatives who are Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents (limited to one relative only)
The applicant must have a sponsor who:
  • Is a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident
  • Meets the Family Class sponsorship requirements

The Sponsor and the applicant must follow the appropriate Canada Family Class immigration application procedure.

Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) Family Class Sponsorship

Many of the Provincial Nomination Programs have Family Class Sponsorship categories, which have quite a slight difference from the federal category. If the particular province in Canada has such type of category, where your family is living you can opt for this option as well.


Canadian Experience Class

This program offers qualified foreign students and workers a way to become permanent residents of Canada who live outside the province of Quebec. Qualified study permit holders who have graduated from an eligible program of study or work permit holders that have the required Canadian work experience are considered qualified enough to possibly go from temporary to permanent resident. These applications also do get priority processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

For Foreign workers

  • Must have worked in Canada legally for at least 2 years full-time in an eligible occupation.
  • Must be proficient in English or French and apply either while in Canada or within a year of leaving a job in Canada.

For Foreign Students

  • Graduates of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution must have a year of full-time work experience in      Canada, in an eligible occupation after graduating.
  • After submitting the application for the Canadian experience class, work experience must be gained within 2 years.
  • Graduates must have completed either a full-time Canadian post secondary educational program of at least 2 years or even a one year master's program and an additional year of education in Canada, within a college or a university that is  recognized provincially or private CEGEPS.

Website Designed & Maintained by Webcolorz Infotech